Resources


Fri, Jan 13, 2017, Continue reading at the source
Fri, Jan 13, 2017, Continue reading at the source
U.S. total business end-of-month inventories for November 2016 were $1,827.5 billion, up 0.7 percent (+/- 0.1 percent) from last month. U.S. total business sales were $1,326.7 billion, up 0.1 percent (+/-0.2 percent)* from last month.November 2016: +0.7 % change in InventoriesOctober 2016 (r): -0.1* % change in Inventories [...]
Fri, Jan 13, 2017, Continue reading at the source
U.S. total business end-of-month inventories for November 2016 were $1,827.5 billion, up 0.7 percent (+/- 0.1 percent) from last month. U.S. total business sales were $1,326.7 billion, up 0.1 percent (+/-0.2 percent)* from last month.November 2016: +0.7 % change in InventoriesOctober 2016 (r): -0.1* % change in Inventories [...]
Fri, Jan 13, 2017, Continue reading at the source
U.S. retail and food services sales for December were $469.1 billion, an increase of 0.6 percent (+/-0.5%) from the previous month.December 2016: +0.6 % changeNovember 2016 (r): +0.2* % change [...]
Fri, Jan 13, 2017, Continue reading at the source
U.S. retail and food services sales for December were $469.1 billion, an increase of 0.6 percent (+/-0.5%) from the previous month.December 2016: +0.6 % changeNovember 2016 (r): +0.2* % change [...]
Fri, Jan 13, 2017, Continue reading at the source
November 2016 sales of merchant wholesalers were $452.6 billion, up 0.4 percent (+/- 0.5 percent)* from last month. End-of-month inventories were $595.3 billion, up 1.0 percent (+/- 0.2 percent) from last month.November 2016: +1.0 % change in InventoriesOctober 2016 (r): -0.1* % change in Inventories [...]
Tue, Jan 10, 2017, Continue reading at the source
Written by: Emily Schondelmyer, Social Economic Housing Statistics Division Over the last 50 years, the percentage of adults living without children has climbed 19 percentage points from 52.5 percent in 1967 to 71.3 percent today based on an analysis of Current Population Survey data. The Current Population Survey holds a wealth of [...]
Tue, Dec 20, 2016, Continue reading at the source
Despite the nation's growing racial and ethnic diversity, the five most frequent American surnames in 2010 remained the same as in 2000 and were mainly reported by whites and blacks. Smith, Johnson, Williams, Brown and Jones were the most common last names, according to a Census Bureau analysis of the 2010 [...]
Thu, Dec 15, 2016, Continue reading at the source
Written by: Carolyn Gann, Social, Economic and Housing Statistics Division Many factors play a role in a child's educational success, and it is the mission of the U.S. Department of Education to promote excellence in education and ensure equal access. To help achieve this goal, the Department of Education plans to [...]
Wed, Dec 14, 2016, Continue reading at the source
By: Jennifer Cheeseman Day, Donald Hays, and Adam Smith Rural America is older than urban America. The median age of all people living in rural areas is 43 years, compared with 36 years for urban areas. We know that age is an underlying factor driving many phenomena, such as labor force [...]
Wed, Dec 07, 2016, Continue reading at the source

Over the past century, the nation's urban landscape has changed, and with it, so have our rural areas. As population change has transformed our urban areas and the criteria used to define it, the rural population has decreased from 54.4 percent of the total in 1910 to 19.3 percent by the 2010 Census (see Figure 1).

Written by: Alison Fields, Kelly Ann Holder, and Charlynn Burd, Social, Economic and Housing Statistics Division We are a nation of communities. The 2011-2015 American Community Survey statistics released today helps tell the story of us all — each city, town and neighborhood. This year we are taking a detour down [...]
Wed, Dec 07, 2016, Continue reading at the source