After a year of public engagement and hundreds of outreach events to collect feedback from stakeholders, we are proud to announce the release of the latest version of EJSCREEN<https://www.epa.gov/ejscreen> – EPA’s screening and mapping tool for environmental justice – which has an abundance of new features! All of the new enhancements in the tool were requested from public users like you! A few of these are:
- Inclusion of the National Air Toxic Assessment environmental indicators for cancer risk, respiratory, and diesel PM;
- scalable maps, that summarize data at the Census block group, tract, or county-level;
- new layers such as parks/green spaces and unemployment rates;
- the ability to save sessions and print maps from the home screen;
- a side-by-side view that allows you to look at different datasets simultaneously; and
- inclusion of data for Puerto Rico.
Learn more about the tool in Check out EJSCREEN 2016<https://blog.epa.gov/blog/2016/06/ejscreen-2/> by Matthew Tejada, EPA’s Director of Environmental Justice,and make sure to register for one of our upcoming webinars so that you can learn more how the new features in the tool!